Which doctors can help you get effective treatment for back pain?
Back pain is a common issue
If you have hurt or strain a muscle, sometimes there is a comfort knowing that others can feel the pain. Many people are aware of the fact of how you feel when you are dealing with back pain. Different reports have shown that back pain is a common medical issue all over the world. The pain can range from a dull, constant, ache to a sudden, and sharp pain which can make it extremely difficult for the person to move.
If the pain gets in excess that your daily work is getting affected then you need to consult the best doctor. You can undergo spine surgery in Ludhiana as the doctors are highly skilled and expert in treating the condition with the latest treatment plan and technology.
Types of back pain
Back pain is categorized into 2 categories which include chronic pain and acute pain.
- Acute pain comes suddenly after a fall or after you lift something heavy. The pain will not last longer than 6 weeks.
- Chronic pain develops with time slowly and lasts for around 3 months.
Whether it is chronic or acute pain, it can occur due to different conditions. Depending on the cause of your back pain you need to consult a specialist for an effective treatment plan.
Consulting the doctor for back pain
There are many treatment options available for back pain but you need to make sure that you find the most effective one by consulting the best doctor. Ideally, the psychiatrists, spine surgeons, physiatrists, pain management specialists, sports medicine doctors, and primary care physicians can give you the treatment for chronic back pain which is linked to conditions like osteoporosis and arthritis.
- Most of the time when the patient comes to get the treatment they want to figure out what will suit them the best. Patients with spinal cord damage or fractures from accidents want to get into the emergency department and seek help from a specialized spinal surgeon. In that case, patients are referred to as spine or back specialists.
- Patients getting specialized care for back pain are referred to as non-operative interventions. Many studies have shown that back pain is alleviated with anti-inflammatory medications, and sometimes injections are given.
- Conservative care is given for 3 to 6 months to the patients with weakness, numbness, pain, or tingling in the leg.
- The patients who don’t want to undergo the surgery have different options for restoring mobility while the pain is reduced. The doctor will do follow-up for all the patients along with the exercise program, reducing weight, and improving the posture.
Important concern for patients
At times, it is seen that most of the patients complain about leg pain, back pain, leg numbness, or the typical sciatica-type pain.