When do you need to consult the experienced Neurosurgeon in Ludhiana?
A neurosurgeon is known for treating the brain but their specialty is way beyond that. Neurosurgeons can give you treatment for different conditions that are related to the brain, nervous system, and spine.
To get the best treatment for spine all types of problems, you can visit our spine surgery hospital in Ludhiana and get a detailed understanding of the treatment.
What is a Neurosurgeon?
A neurosurgeon is a medical doctor who is specialized in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of certain conditions which affect the spinal cord, brain, spinal column, the central, and peripheral system which include the nerves and they send information and messages to and from the brains to different parts of the body.
The surgeon will determine which treatment is best for you according to the severity of your condition.
What conditions are treated by a Neurosurgeon?
Neurosurgeons are experts in different parts of the brain, spine, and nerve disorders. They have done extensive training and highly experienced in dealing with:
- Complex CNS tumors and cancers
- Traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries and rehabilitation
- Aneurysms and vascular malformations
- Spinal cord compression
- Neck and back pain
- Spinal fractures, injuries, and deformities
- Herniated discs
- Degenerative disc disease
- Cranial cavity and circulatory disorders
- Concussion injuries
- Arteriovenous and cavernous malformation
- Chiari malformation (hindbrain malformation)
- Deep brain stimulation (for Parkinson’s disease and tremors)
- Movement disorders
- Brain and spinal cysts
- Nerve conditions and disorders (such as sciatica and radiculopathy)
- Spinal Stenosis
The neurosurgeon can help you get the treatment for back or neck pain with problems like degenerative disc disease. The doctor will create a treatment plan to diagnose and know about the condition. Our neurosurgeon is highly trained to give conservative treatment along with surgical methods.
What are the types of treatment?
Depending on the medical condition you have and other factors related to diagnosis and overall-health will help to know whether you need surgical or nonsurgical treatment. The neurosurgeon can perform different procedures. Some of the conservative treatments the surgeon can include are:
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Physical therapy
- Lifestyle changes (such as weight loss or quitting smoking)
- Epidural injections
What about the surgical procedure?
If surgery is needed, then neurosurgeons can perform the minimally invasive spinal treatment and intracranial surgeries. This is best for conditions like a degenerative disc, spinal stenosis, spinal fractures, scoliosis, and spondylolisthesis.
New advancements have been made in the treatment which helps the patient with chronic degenerative disc conditions and this reduces the risk of a limited range of movement.
The surgeon can opt for minimally invasive surgical techniques in which special surgical tools are needed. Some of the benefits of minimally invasive surgery are:
- Shorter hospital stay
- Fewer complications and surgical risks like infection
- Smaller incisions requiring fewer stitches
- Quicker recovery
- Get back to daily routine on time
- Smaller scars
- Less pain
- Decreased blood loss