What is minimally invasive spine surgery and what is the cost of the treatment?
Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Cost In India: MISS i.e minimally invasive spine surgery is also known as less invasive spine surgery. In this surgery, the surgeon uses special tools to reach the spine through small incisions. The surgeon uses modern techniques to reduce the bleeding, stay in the hospital, injury in tissue, etc. If you are looking for spine surgery in Ludhiana then consult the team of specialists near you.
What are the symptoms?
- The person will be having pain in the lower back and neck.
- The person will be facing leg or arm pain.
- The person will be facing difficulty in walking, sleeping, etc.
What is the procedure of spine surgery?
Before the procedure
- The surgeon will do a total medical evaluation of the patient before the surgery.
- The surgeon will do blood evaluation for regular parameters.
- The surgeon will stop the intake of some medicine for the patient before the surgery. Medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, etc.
During the procedure
- The surgeon will do the surgery by giving anaesthesia to the patient.
- With the help of a tool like tubular retractors, the surgeon will perform the MISS.
- During the process, the surgeon will insert the tubular retractors inside the backbone of the patient. Into the little area where the problem is there in the backbone, the surgeon creates a tube and tubular retractor will hold the muscle stored in the place.
- In some cases, the surgeon needs more than 1 retractor.
- The material of bone or disc that is detached exists throughout the retractor and surgeons need some other apparatus such as screws or sticks which the surgeon will insert through the retractor.
- Then the surgeon guided by endoscopy or fluoroscopy to set the incision and fit the retractor.
- In the end, the surgeon will remove the tubular and also the muscle will come back to its place and the surgeon will stitch the incision wound.
After the procedure
- The surgeon will give antibiotics to prevent infection.
- The doctor will prescribe the painkillers to the patient to control the pain.
- If the patent will face any signs of infection then he should consult the doctor immediately.
- The patient needs physical therapy which is important for the recovery.
The cost of the surgery depends upon the following factor mentioned below.
- The hospital person is choosing for minimally invasive spine surgery.
- The types of room he is choosing for staying and follow up care required after the procedure of the patient.
- The fees of the doctor.
- Few test
The patient is going to face some complications mentioned below.
- Sometimes patients face infection.
- He might face blood clots and the patient might face nerve damage.
- Failure of fusion (Pseudarthrosis)